Hey guys! I know I haven’t posted in a loooong while, but I’m finally getting to doing a post, and I’m glad that it’s a post on Thanksgiving!
I think a lot of the time, the mainstream media and the world in general, has made Thanksgiving pretty much a day to get together with people and eat some great food 😂
Though I do agree that getting together with friends and family, and the food is obviously awesome, they do seem to miss a key aspect of this holiday! It’s right in the name of the holiday in fact; thanks giving.
Thanksgiving should be a day that we really focus on the things in life that we are thankful for. That may seem obvious, but really we all should be thankful all of the time, every day of the year. But more often than not we get so caught up in life and the busyness of work, school, etc.
Thanksgiving is a day to recognize all the God has done for us, and all the blessings in our life (big and small!!)
So I’m gonna write a list of what I’m thankful for, and I encourage you to do the same! It makes me take a step back and see how blessed we all are, despite the difficulties in life!
- The house that I get to live in
- My mom and dad
- Aaron, Bethany, and Rachel-Ann my siblings
- Our fireplace
- Our 2 cats; Shadow and Daisy
- All my wonderful ballet buddies who I dance with and or see at the studio every week!
- The opportunity to use dance to Worship my Father in heaven
- Pointe shoes (they’re just so pretty, even if I’m not doing pointe currently)
- English Country dances
- The coffee shop my sister works at ☺️
- My youth group
- Worship music
- Chocolate (specifically dark chocolate…. yummm)
- My science class
- Math (even though I very much dislike doing it, I know it’s so important for me to learn!)
- My blog!
- Dahlias (the flowers lol)
- The Bible,
- C.S. Lewis books
- The corn movie (aka Second Hand Lions)
- Our old pony, Little Red
- All of our 27 chickens
- Water (especially out well water)
- Bike rides
- Our beautiful neighborhood
- Being just outside of the city limits!
- Hot Chocolate
- Peppermint hot chocolate
- Family movie nights and game nights
- My Oma and Opa
- My grandma and grandpa
- Going over to Rachel-Ann’s house to hang out
- Shopping with Rachel-Ann
- The ocean
- The forest
- The mountains
- Jesus Christ and how He died for me and all those around me
- I’m thankful for those who have hurt me or scared me, because I know God loves them so much more than they may know, and I’m thankful to have had the opportunity to be in their life for however long it was, if only to be a witness to how great our God really is!
- And last I’m gonna put on this list: I’m thankful for the scars, and for the mistakes I’ve made in life. Without them I wouldn’t know the Lord as much as I do now, and I would probably be a different type of person!
Alright y’all! That’s all for today! I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving week, and that the Lord would reveal to you or bring to mind something special that you should be extra thankful for!